Monday, March 25, 2013

Goodbye, My Chemical Romance.


As a fan of My Chemical Romance for the past ten years- this is a post that has to be made.

It is now Day 3 of My Chemical Romance being gone and I am just feeling that I am in the right place to be writing this out. The moment the announcement was made, I was heartbroken and in tears. Saturday was better but I couldn’t stand to listen to any of their songs. Even though I was sad, I was still furious inside. How could they do this to me? It wasn’t so much them breaking up but it was how it happened. The past months have been filled with talk of new songs and people from other bands being able to listen to these songs and tell us fans how happy we were going to be with the next album. I mean, MCR5 was no rumor- it was fact. The facts were that the band built a new recording studio and were hard at work on a new record and all of sudden it’s over? Just like that?

It’s now Monday and I’m past being angry and sad. I’m simply grateful for how these men have MADE my life. I couldn’t imagine how different my life would be if it weren’t for MCR.

They have introduced me to so many incredible people that I would’ve never met if it weren’t for this band. The MCRmy has a lot of bad rep and I can see why but what most people don’t see if how we are a family who are there for each other whenever someone needs it.

I had the amazing opportunity of being able to attend three of their concerts. The first one was over 4 years in the making – April 16, 2007. After seeing them live, I knew that I could do anything that I wanted.

I could very much drag this out but I won’t.

The bottom line is that even though that as a band they are physically gone and there will not be any new music, they are always going to be with me wherever I go because they shaped me into the person that I am today. The person who won’t take any bullshit or follow anything less than my dream.

They may be gone but I am still here because they saved me and that will never change.

Thank you, My Chemical Romance. I love you. You’ll always be my favorite band and I will never let go of you.

xoxo
v.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I am so sorry for your sadness. Why did they decide to break up? I haven't heard anything, but I don't really listen to them. I'm still stuck on 90's pop. Lol

    ReplyDelete